Simulation mode can be helpful if you do not have physical device with you but you would like to see how application behaves and how the download process looks like.
Enabling simulation mode in downloader application will let you use any channel to download blood glucose measurements data into any personal profile or patient profile within the clinic, without connecting real device. When choosing any communication channel to download data (Blue Cable, MicroUSB, Plug-In or Bluetooth) with simulation mode enabled, application will behave like there was a real device connected and will generate random series of blood glucose data.
To use simulation mode in data download you need to follow the below sequence:
*NOTICE - if you already have installed downloader application please jump to step number 5.
1. Make sure the downloader is installed on your local machine. If not, installation can be done after you hit the Download data button
2. Once you hit the button the message will be displayed. Click on "Install Results Downloader App":
3. The downloader installer will be downloaded. Allow the installer to proceed by following the on screen instructions:
4. After successful installation the message will be displayed:
Enabling Simulation Mode
In this section you will learn how to Enable the Simulation Mode when the downloader is installed and running
1. Go to the system tray (bottom right corner of your screen, next to the clock on taskbar) and right-click on Ascensia icon. You will be displayed with the context menu. Please tick the Simulation mode as it is shown on the screenshot:
2. Go to the application and choose the device type:
3. Click next:
Now the application will simulate the download process and random blood glucose data will be generated and imported to the application.
4. You will be presented with summary pop up. Press "Import Results" to persist generated data in target profile and start exploring the application.
5. The data will be saved in the patient profile.
*NOTICE - Please make sure "Simulation mode" is turned off while you download the data from real meter.